GENERAL INFO > FEE WAIVERS
FEE WAIVER GUIDELINES
Fee waivers may be granted to non-profit organizations, schools, other public agencies and ARD co-sponsored events for once per year, annual events or rentals. The following rules will apply to Fee Waivers:
10% processing fee will be charged for all fee waivers. This fee does not apply to peak usage rentals paying 50%
A minimum 20% fee will be applied to all groups that charge admission or do not meet at least one of the following criteria:
1. The non-profit charity/agency must provide a service that complements or enhances services provided by ARD.
2. There is an identifiable secondary benefit to ARD.
3. The charity/agency provides a service that ARD could provide but chooses not to.
This fee does not apply to peak usage rentals paying 50%.
During peak usage times, fee waivers will normally not exceed 50% of the current fees. Custodial and alcohol fees will normally not be waived during these peak periods.
Peak usage times for facilities are as follows:
||April – October
||December – March
||February – July
||July – November
||May – July
ARD staff can approve fee waivers up to a dollar amount of $1,500. Fee waivers over this amount will be sent to the Finance Committee and finally to the Consent Calendar. Denied fee waivers can be appealed to the ARD Board of Directors. Appeals should be made in writing and sent to the Customer Service/Marketing Manager at least 7 days before the next ARD Board of Director’s meeting.
The person or organization making the fee waiver request should be responsible for the following:
1. Paying applicable custodial, set up/take down fee.
Paying the alcohol fee, if applicable.
2. Special Events – paying the current rate per hour/person for staffing the event (one maintenance worker per 500 attendees).
3. Special Events – events over 250 attendees require a dumpster.
4. Special Events – events with 400 + attendees will require one portable toilet. Add 1 portable toilet for every 200 additional attendees.
5. Special Events – in most cases the person/organization requesting the fee waiver will take care of trash, bathrooms, etc.
How to apply for a fee waiver request?
The Fee Waiver Request and Application form must be completed and submitted with a letter on the requesting organization's letterhead. This letter should include the reason for requesting a fee waiver and how this event benefits our community. All Requests must be submitted 60 days prior to the event. Applicants must complete and submit Indoor or Outdoor Reservation Applications with this request. ARD may request additional documents as mentioned on the application.
If you have any questions regarding the Fee Waiver process, please contact the Customer Service Manager at 530-863-4623.
Fee Waiver Form
Indoor rental forms
Outdoor rental forms